Why e marketing?
To learn about why e marketing , let us compare the two Traditional Marketing Versus e marketing below:
Traditional Marketing Versus e marketing
E-marketing gives businesses of any size access to the mass market at affordable costs contrary to TV, Radio, or print advertising and promotions, it allows truly personalized marketing.
Some advantages of e marketing over traditional marketing are:
1. Marketing personnel: Traditional marketing depend on highly trained and experienced personnel to be implemented while e marketing just need few people to initiate the process and the rest will be done in an automated system and process
2. Global reach – e marketing reach many people worldwide while traditional marketing is more effective locally with big budget. Example, a website allows you to find new markets and trade globally for only a small investment.
3. Lower cost – e marketing uses non expensive tools and skills and therefore affordable compared to traditional marketing tools and skills. A properly planned and effectively targeted e-marketing campaign can reach the right customers at a much lower cost than traditional marketing methods.
4. Trackable and measurable results – web analytics and other online metric tools make it easier to establish how effective your campaign has been. You can obtain detailed information about how customers use your website or respond to your advertising. See our guide on measuring your online marketing.
5. Personalisation – if your customer database is linked to your website, then whenever someone visits the site, you can greet them with targeted offers. The more they buy from you, the more you can refine your customer profile and market effectively to them.
6. Openness – by having a social media presence and managing it carefully, you can build customer loyalty and create a reputation for being easy to engage with. See our guide on online business networking and social networking.
7. Social acceptance – e-marketing lets you create engaging campaigns using different types of rich media. On the internet these campaigns can gain social acceptance – being passed from user to user and becoming viral.
8. Improved conversion rates – if you have a website, then your customers are only ever a few clicks away from completing a purchase. Unlike other media which require people to get up and make a phone call, or go to a shop, e-marketing can be seamless and immediate.
9. Automation and time serving:: Many aspects of the e marketing activities can be automated within the online or offline system making the whole process time serving. This enable you to do other strategic business activities
Disadvantages of e-Marketing
Following are some disadvantages of e-Marketing:
- Lack of personal approach
- Dependability on technology which is changing rapidly
- Contents security and privacy issues
- Maintenance costs due to a constantly evolving environments
- Higher transparency of contents and pricing versus increased price competition
- Worldwide competition through globalization
- Dealing with multicultural markets
- Working under different international legal and policies issues which are in most cases not harmonized