Terms and Conditions
Booking and Confirmation
- InfoCom Center can only accept bookings accompanied by proof of payment. This can be in the form of a cheque, MPESA, Bank deposit, western union, or cash payment. If payment is done apart from cash payments, Mpesa will need a receipt no. Bank and western union will need scanned copy of payment details to be emailed to us 3 working days after payment transaction.
- InfoCom Center cannot accept bookings by telephone or “provisional” bookings.
- Submission of a booking form indicates the participant agrees to the terms and conditions set out and will be charged the appropriate workshop fee.
- Once proof of payment is received, InfoCom Center will then confirm bookings within three working days. This is dependent on the accuracy of information submitted in the booking form by the participant. Should no confirmation be received within this time it is the responsibility of the participant to contact InfoCom Center administration for further details.
- Detailed joining instructions will be sent out prior to the workshop by email, post or fax. Participants submitting late bookings (less than one week in advance) must contact InfoCom Center administration if no instructions are received within two working days of the workshop.
- Where there is over-subscription for a workshop, the order in which bookings are received shall determine their priority (first come, first served basis). The late subscriber has an option to wait the next workshop schedule or request any refund if appropriate
- InfoCom Center reserves the right to refuse the booking of a participant.
Location and Start date/time
- All workshops commence on the date and time, and at the location specified in the advertisements and application form.
Workshop Content and Prerequisites
- All participants are required to meet the necessary prerequisites as detailed in the workshop description under ‘Workshop Requirements’.
- The topics covered in a workshop will be as detailed on the InfoCom Center web site. Participants should ensure that the content is appropriate before booking.
- InfoCom Center reserve the right to add, alter or remove workshop content without giving prior notice, provided the materials used still meet the advertised description for that workshop.
Rescheduling or Cancellation of the workshop by InfoCom Center
- Where a workshop is under-subscribed, InfoCom Center reserves the right to change or cancel such a workshop. In the unlikely event of this happening, or workshop cancellation through other unforeseen circumstances (e.g. illness) participants will be informed as soon as possible and offered an alternative workshop place or full refund.
- In the event of cancellation of a workshop, InfoCom Center cannot be held responsible for non-refundable costs incurred such as travel and accommodation.
- The fee for a place on a regional workshop is payable in TZS/US$. Fees include items mentioned in the add and workshop description and does not include the items mention in the same Workshop description.
- Terms of payment are to be done before applying and proof of payment will be done in three working days
Cancellation, Transfer and Failure to Attend
- In general cancellation are not allowed except for serious circumstances like death of immediate family member, illness of participants etc. If this happened no refund will be made except that the participant workshop fee will be put on hold for the next season workshop plan. If the next workshop fee increases, then the participant will pay the balance.
- In the event that you are unable to attend a Workshop you may nominate another person to attend in your place, provided that InfoCom Center is informed of the identity of any such attendee no less than one week prior to the relevant Workshop date.
- Arusha City will be in its coldest season in July, participants from warm areas are requested to come with good clothing for cold weathers and any other related equipments/tools
- Participants bringing along valuables and personal property do so at their own risk and are responsible for their safety. InfoCom Center cannot be held liable for loss or damage to personal items.
- All travel and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of participants. InfoCom Center cannot facilitate local transport or other arrangements not mentioned in the workshop decription.
Workshop Warranties and Liabilities
- InfoCom Center does not represent or warrant that: (i) the provision of the Workshop(s) will be timely, uninterrupted or error-free, (ii) the Workshops will meet your requirements or expectations, The Workshops are provided to you strictly on an “as is” basis. All conditions, representations and warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of producing stipulated results.
- InfoCom Center cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from attendance at any Workshop.
- InfoCom Center shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of profits, goodwill, business or business benefit, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or services by you arising from:
(a) cancellation of a Workshop;
(b) attendance at a Workshop;
(c) alteration of the times, dates, itineraries or speakers of any Workshop; or
(d) any delay or failure to provide a Workshop that is due to third parties, including but not limited to internet service providers, data centres, server hosting companies and telecommunications companies, even if advised by you or any other party of the possibility of such damages.
Workshop Contents and Materials Copyright
- All notes and handout materials developed by InfoCom Center for workshop participants are protected by copyright of InfoCom Center, its partners or third parties. They may not be reproduced wholly or in part without prior consent from InfoCom Center its partners or third parties.
- InfoCom Center reserves the right to use any feedback collected in relation to the Workshops for promotional purposes.
Terms and Conditions Alteration
- InfoCom Center reserve the rights to alter or change the items in the Terms and Conditions or change the whole document without prior notice to customers